Known as a prefinished siding system specialist, Maibec is widely recognized for its innovative knowhow and mass customization expertise across eastern North America. Maibec CanExel is a trusted prefinished siding manufacturer, located in East River, Nova Scotia. Maibec CanExel has a long history of manufacturing exterior siding that is designed to be exceptionally durable while maintaining its authentic beauty.
Maibec CanExel is currently seeking an INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC/MILLWRIGHT to join a dynamic team located in East River, Nova Scotia.
Industrial Mechanics/Millwrights are part of the Maintenance team who maintain, repairs, installs, assembles and modifies equipment to maximize uptime, quality and production.
- Maintains, repairs, installs, assembles and modifies equipment
- Lubrication of machinery, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during overhauls and preventative maintenance.
- Reads and creates blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Enter work requests and order parts and materials with CMMS
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and repair equipment as required
- Complete, help develop, and improve PM’s in the area of responsibility.
- Aligns machines and equipment
- Assembles machines
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing and piping.
- Install, repair and maintain airlines, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Welding, cutting and fabricating.
- Maintain and monitor equipment using predictive and preventive techniques. (Vibration analysis, stethoscopes, strobe lights and thermal imaging.)
- Train and mentor apprentices
- Actively participate in EHS Programs
- Maintain housekeeping of the assigned areas
- Participating in improvement projects
- Perform other duties as required
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend, stoop, squat and lift
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at substantial heights
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated coordination and mechanical ability
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations
- Good problem solving ability
- Willing to take training courses for trade upgrading
- Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and writing skills
- Intermediate computer skills